Eating all calories

Options
Lately I can't seem to eat all my calories. I have been 100-250 short, but I make sure I get at least 1200. Then I have a day where I starve and go over 100-150 calories...yet I am losing. I also do not count my exercise calories earned so I am not way way under calories on MFP. Any suggestions how to even this out? I am always way under on carbs and over on protein and on goal for everything else. Every meal is 3 oz meat, 2 cups fruit and/or veggies, 1/2 cup dairy and I am gluten free so I don't worry about grains but one meal a day. I use olive oil or nuts for fat.

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Lately I can't seem to eat all my calories. I have been 100-250 short, but I make sure I get at least 1200. Then I have a day where I starve and go over 100-150 calories...yet I am losing. I also do not count my exercise calories earned so I am not way way under calories on MFP. Any suggestions how to even this out? I am always way under on carbs and over on protein and on goal for everything else. Every meal is 3 oz meat, 2 cups fruit and/or veggies, 1/2 cup dairy and I am gluten free so I don't worry about grains but one meal a day. I use olive oil or nuts for fat.

If you are losing, there is no problem.

You don't need to even anything out, you are doing that naturally - ie eating a bit more when you are ravenous, but you have equalled this out by not eating so much on other days.

Personally, I think you are doing brilliantly, don't try to fix what isn't broken, you seem well in tune with yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I wish I were eating as healthy as you! Great job! As long as you aren't going under 1200 and you are close to normal on most areas I bet you are OK. If you are over protein you might want to cut back on that a bit. Sometimes too much protein can be hard on the kidneys. But they say you should get plenty while losing weight. You could print out your diary and share it with your doctor. He/she might be able to give you some good input. Keep up with the good work. You are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • xxgoriexx
    xxgoriexx Posts: 39
    Options
    As long as you're consuming a healthy amount of calories, you're fine. Going a bit under or over isn't a problem, and since you're still loosing, it sounds like you're doing alright. :] It just sounds to me like you're doing something right! And there's no point in eating more if you're full. <3
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    According to the ADA, no one needs more than 4 ounces of proteins per day. So, 3 ounces in each meal is a little high. Other than that, don't worry about it.