C25K

Options
Hey guys! 4 weeks out from completing C25K and just wondering what everyone did after? Did you just try to improve your 5K time or go for more distance? Not sure what I want to do next!

Replies

• JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Both, in a way. When I finished C25K I started training for 10K distance, and my 5K speed just naturally improved without trying. 5K felt more like a sprint when my runs were much longer than that.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    First off, my goal was to be able to run for an hour, so I followed the One Hour Runner program to do that. When I could run that far, I decided to train for a HM. I hadn't intended to race when I first started running, but discovered that I really enjoyed it after doing a couple of 5ks. A few years later, I trained for and ran my first marathon.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    After completing c25k I continued to run 30+ minutes 3-4 times per week. Then I attended a local Parkrun where I met some amazing local runners. A few weeks later I started the bridge to 10k (b210k) program but also continued to attend Saturday Parkrun events. I completed b210k last week and wasn’t sure what to do next. Then I learned through the local Road Runner Association about a ten week program starting this past week coaching runners to improve time, build mileage, etc. I felt that $40 was very reasonable for a ten week coached program that included personalized coaching. So I went and am now following their training program to improve.

Look for a local parkrun or other way to connect with local runners. I am finding the runner community to be encouraging of new runners.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    EllaLilly wrote: »
    Hey guys! 4 weeks out from completing C25K and just wondering what everyone did after? Did you just try to improve your 5K time or go for more distance? Not sure what I want to do next!

A 10K plan will help you improve your pace for 5K fairly easily.

Personally I moved from there to HM, then marathon, then ultras.
  • EllaLilly
    EllaLilly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. It's very helpful!