Lean Cuisine

2»

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Yep, I’m living proof that it’s hard work. I’ve been yo-yo dieting for years! Food is an addiction, and I can admit that.

In order to lose the weight in a sustainable way, you might want to abandon your ideas as to what you think might work and instead apply methods experienced and successful members are trying to teach you. ☺
  • Yes, true story!
  • I’m not hearing anything I don’t already know!!! When you are sick of being obese, you will do ANYTHING to get back down to a reasonable, “NORMAL” weight.
  • Good luck with yours as well!
  • I guess everyone has their way of doing things.
  • Good luck with everyone’s journey!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Good luck with everyone’s journey!

So that’s it?
  • Yep, luck has nothing do with it! It’s hard work!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Y'all didn't mention the fun part. The hair and the nails and the body...
  • Sadie2PointOh
    Sadie2PointOh Posts: 34 Member
    I didn't want to "resort" to buying frozen meals because I enjoy cooking, but starting a healthier lifestyle, tracking meals, and cutting out soda was a lot of changes for me in just a few days, and I felt too overwhelmed to take the time to try to substitute healthier options for the meals I usually cooked, so I picked up some Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the "4 Cheese Tortellini in Pesto Sauce". I thought it was delicious firva microwave meal and actually enjoyed eating it.
  • My favorite LC’s are Sweet and Sour chicken and the Vermont Cheese Mac and cheese. They both are delicious.
  • Sadie2PointOh
    Sadie2PointOh Posts: 34 Member
    Lesson learned. I should have read ahead to all the responses so that I could have read the additional information/details that were provided and the direction the thread went as a result.

I guess I should have first asked, what is the reason you are asking if you can eat Lean Cuisines for lunch everyday? Is it because you are asking for a breakdown of the nutritional values? If it would be healthy? If it would be more or less affordable than another option you had in mind? Are you asking for assistance in your food diary in terms of how to work it in calorie wise? Or is it because you question the ability to stick to the X number of options of Lean Cuisines over a long period of time/sustainability?

Are you feeling restricted by eating those? Because if the option was "3 giant slices of greasy Salami or Pepperoni pizza with a nice pan crust and extra cheese and 2 soda pops to wash it down" I wouldn't have to ask on MFP if I COULD eat that every day for lunch because I know, without question, that I could happily eat that junk for lunch for probably months before tiring of it because I did nearly just that for years. So, posing the question at all, unless it's for the other possibilities I mentioned, gives the impression that you already feel restricted by it or don't enjoy it or are worried about lack of variety.

19 pounds is insane for one week. I thought my first weeks weight loss was unhealthy, so 19 lbs in 11 days has to be.
    But I also understand your wanting to defend it and stick with that because of your earlier comment about desperation: willing to do anything to be a normal healthy weight when you currently arent. But just because we are passionate about sticking to our choices, doesn't necessarily mean they are right, healthy, or that we should.

Did I enjoy my Lean Cuisines the last couple days? Definitely. But they weren't long term plans. I don't know that I would enjoy those every single day for every single lunch for the rest of my life.

Maybe sleep on it and re-read some of the advice given by others here again tomorrow. I believe a large part of weight loss success is about willingness to learn, admitting when you're wrong or made a bad choice, learning from mistakes or previous patterns and overcoming the struggle of bad habits and changing your mindset. That's tough to do. All of it. The toughest part for me? It's been admitting to myself my ignorance in food/nutrition/weight loss etc and having to actively seek out others here for help or advice. Also hard to do. Sometimes the answers aren't what you expect or want to hear but no ones steered me wrong yet.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,706 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.