What are the best exercises for post-baby weight

Options
I’m 9 1/2 post patrum & at the biggest I’ve ever been. I’m 32.
Has anyone got some tips on what exercises I can do each day to help with my weight loss. I currently brisk walk daily for 30 minutes at the very minimum. I’m on a 1200 calorie intake.
What else should I do?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wee one.

Weight loss is all about your calorie intake. Exercise has all kind of other benifits, so keep up your walking and maybe add in some strength training on alternate days.

1200 cals is the lowest of low to lose weight and get your basic nutritional needs. You may want to look at losing slower and getting a few more calories.

Use a food scale for all your solids (cups and sooons for liquids) double check MFP entries with mfg
    Website or packaging, whole foods check against the USDA.

MFP expects you to log and eat back your exercise calories. This is so you don’t underfuel yourself, especially if you are only eating 120” to begin with.

The more active you are the more you get to eat while still losing weight.

Cheers, h.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I recommend exercises by Wendy Powell or Erin O’Brien to strengthen your abs and bring them back together if they’ve separated. It didn’t necessarily help with my weight loss, but definitely made me look slimmer because my belly doesn’t bulge out any more.