Why would you do?

What do you do when a good friend surprises you with an extremely high calorie (and tiny) cupcake to help you celebrate a new job.

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I would probably eat the cupcake. If it is tiny, it can't be THAT high calorie. One cupcake in celebration with a friend will not throw you off your progress. Part of making this a successful journey is allowing you to enjoy it along the way.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    TAKE IT. Eat it. Log it. CELEBRATE the new job! Not feel guilty. Change my eating plan for the rest of the day to mitigate the damage a little. Keep going.
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    You could share it with them and give them a hug. 🤗
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I personally would eat it and count it into my calories. If it's tiny it can't be THAT high in calories and it should fit into my allowance. If it's larger, I'll have to consider if I want it enough to re-arrange my other meals for it. Not eating it is also an option, but in my personal experience, if it's a one time thing and it means a lot to the other person, not eating it is more trouble than it's worth, especially if I do want the cupcake.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Say thank you. Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. <3
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Something similar happened to me.
    On my 65th birthday, my boss, and the head of HR brought in cupcakes and they were the huge ones. I smiled (weakly I’ll admit), thanked everyone, ate half and saved half for the next day.

Sometimes, we just have to celebrate the moments of our lives.
  • Sadie2PointOh
    Sadie2PointOh Posts: 34 Member
    I'd eat it and log it.
    Congratulations on the new job!

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I would start a thread on MFP to talk about the philosophy of eating a cupcake! Lol 😝
    I would eat it.