I've lost my kids...

Options
aarar
aarar Posts: 684 Member
...well their combined weight anyway :)

I have a 4 and an almost 6 year old and it's so crazy to hold them both in my arms. I can't believe I used to carry that weight around on me 24/7.

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    I am with you there. I keep thinking I carried two forty pound bags of dog food around with me. Would make an interesting conversation for the first day of school with my students. Plop two bags of dog food in front of them and tell them this is what it was like before I lost my weight. They say that for every pound a person is over the normal weight, they exert 6 extra pounds of pressure on their joints. Yikes!
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    We were talking about the same thing last night, my 10 yr old asked me how much weight I'd lost, my response was "half of you". She did give me a strange look.
  • frostytots
    frostytots Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job!:smile:
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost my "baby", literally! My daughter is 16 months old, and weighs 21 lbs, exactly what I lost. I think you are amazing!!!! Way to go!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fab, well done.
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've almost lost the same as my almost 7 and 4 year old boys. It's crazy to look at them and think I carried that much excess weight around with me. I'm glad it's gone. Now I can keep up with them! Well done to you :drinker:
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

My goal when I started five months ago was to lose my toddlers amount of weight:wink: I'm getting there, only few pounds to go but he seems to be growing faster than I'm losing, so not sure if I'll ever make that goal. Still, he is so heavy and on days when I'm feeling down, I look at him and think it's amazing to not carry all that weight with me any more!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ...well their combined weight anyway :)

I have a 4 and an almost 6 year old and it's so crazy to hold them both in my arms. I can't believe I used to carry that weight around on me 24/7.

You got me there for a minutes...I work with children that are in the DCFS system and I was sadden and then so relieved to hear you say that it's your weight loss lol....you much be so happy and proud of your success!
  • mommyofoneinwi
    Options
    Great job! I lost my 5 year old plus 8 pounds. She's heavy!!! I can't believe I carried that around.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Go, you!

It's always nice when you can put your weight loss into something tangible (unlike an elephant penis <G>).

I was carrying *4* gallons of milk from the car to the house the other day (two per bag, holding a bag in each hand), felt very weighed down and was wondering how many extra pounds I was carrying.

(And the subject line was what got me to click on the post! LOL)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!