Postpartum

Options
So I’m a new mom, gave birth to my daughter about 2 months ago. Before I was pregnant I was a really active person worked 2 jobs as a CNA and went to the gym Atleast 4x a week. I was in pretty good shape. But 5 months into my pregnancy I was put on bed rest because I was considered “high risk”, so being cautious I took myself out of the gym, and none of my family members wanted me doing any sort of activity. So all I did was walk around my house and when I would go to the store someone literally would put me in a wheel chair(that’s how cautious my family was being). I saw my trainer the other day and he assessed me to see where I’m at and it kind of bummed me out I wasn’t as strong as I was. My belly has stretch marks and I have that “mom pouch” and I don’t feel confident anymore and I feel so insecure because I use to be pretty fit and I liked my body before. It’s just been hard getting use to. I try getting motivation from other moms who work out but shoot I just don’t know how to start up again with this new bod.

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It’s tough to cook up and deliver a human being. I had my second baby 3 months ago. Give yourself time. I didn’t really get stretch marks with my first, but I did this time. Still have a flabby pooch on the front of my tummy too, even though I’m only about 3-4 lb away from hitting my pre-baby weight. I still have another 15lb to lose after that. Don’t beat yourself up about where you are now. Just ease back into your workouts and accept the fact that it will take time before you are as strong as you’d like to be again.
    What frustrates me the most right now is, I feel light but then I look in the mirror and see a big fat girl. But I suck it in and visualize how I might look when I lose the next 5, 10, 15 lb.
    It’s a marathon, not a sprint. You can do it!!