My respect for the MFP goals tool grows, yet again...

Options
So, just took all my Libre weight data, MFP calorie and exercise data, and did a brand new number crunch for the 90 day period just ended.

MFP says I need to eat 1620 calories per day to lose 2 lbs/week. I have been eating 1600 (plus my exercise, so that's a wash). Over the past 90 days, I have lost 26.2 pounds.

That means that MFP's goal algorithm has been accurate to within 3 calories per day, or 99.825 % dead on.

How can there possibly be an estimating tool this friekin' accurate?????

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Since I was born with no math genes, I appreciate someone else doing all the number crunching. 😉
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    How can there possibly be an estimating tool this friekin' accurate?????

original.gif

• lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Nice number crunching. :)

This means you can up your cals (other post) and know your rate of loss will be as close to accurate as needed.

I think you may enjoy the extra 250 cals switching to a 1.5lbs a week goal would give you.

Your main exercise I know is walking. Use the equation 1/3 bodyweight x miles walked.

Even if they are few cals, it is a good lesson to take forward in life.
    ‘The more you move; the more you get to eat’

Cheers, h.

You nailed it. I'm going to take 1-2 more weeks at the 2 lb/week rate to really lock in the 50 pound loss, but then I'm heading to the goals tool for a new 1.5 lb/week rate. Excited about it! I've immensely enjoyed the rapid confirmation that this diet thing really works from the 2 lbs/week loss but I don't need it anymore. Feel like I'm on my feet diet wise and 1.5 lbs per week would suit me better going forward. Definitely looking forward to more food.

I'm ending my 16:8 IF program and transitioning to KIC. haha I made up my own diet acronym. Kitchen-is-Closed. No food after 7 pm, that simple. That's all I ever really needed from IF so I'm gonna put those 250 precious new calories into breakfasts. The grocery store better restock the Captain Crunch before I hit that MFP goal's tool LOL