Tough Love Approach

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and looking for some like-minded people to dish out some tough love when I need to get my stuff together. It's super easy to let things go by the wayside when you're not accountable to anyone, but I need to get serious about losing weight. I'm not someone who gets motivated by coddling when I'm in the mood to slide off the rails and overeat, and I generally am the type of person who responds well to some honest, good old fashioned tough love when needed. Looking forward to hopefully making some like-minded friends so we can support each other! Feel free to hit me up and add me as a friend!

Replies

• konnichiwasam
    konnichiwasam Posts: 9 Member
    Hi
    I’m usually a tough love type of person, except when it comes to my eating lately. For some reason, I’ve got every excuse in the book! So I’m with you. One thing I’m trying to get back in my regular routine is exercise. In my past I was a runner. I ran 5 times a week and did some cross training to support the running. But after an accident, that wasn’t possible and I’ve gotten out of shape. Lately I’ve been into kickboxing but I have to go early or there isn’t time. I have to be up at 5am, which isn’t a problem but I have to be out the door by 5:30 which is very hit or miss. Not for a good reason, just because. So I’m giving myself tough love on that!

What are your goals that you need tough love on?
  • @konnichiwasam Hey there, thanks for sharing! For my goals, I need tough love when it comes to sticking to my calorie limit (take a look at my open food diary from yesterday and you'll see what I mean). It's easy to just shrug it off and I need someone to compassionately yell at me to get it together because way too frequently I let myself off the hook with the "tomorrow is a new day" excuse and things can get out of hand easily from there. I do want to lose weight but my trouble is I give myself way too much permission to slip up. I'd be happy to support you in your goals of eating better and getting back into the routine of kickboxing regularly and hopefully we can mutually support each other in our goals! If you see I missed a day logging as well, feel free to call me out on that too, sometimes I get lazy on that as well. Nice to meet someone who also understands about motivating through tough love!
  • konnichiwasam
    konnichiwasam Posts: 9 Member
    The first few days I started MFP I was eating badly but I committed at least to track no matter what. So I tracked the bad food and when I closed the diary it said in 5 weeks I’d gain 10 pounds if every day was like that day. That was a wake up call. The app gave me tough love :D