Do marconutrients matter?

Options
I've heard time and time again that weight loss will occur just by decreasing your calorie intake. However, I don't hear much about marcos. I recently started thinking about this because majority of my diet in comprised of carbs and slim to no protein.

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yes they absolutely do! If you need more info let me know because its a great question
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Both matter, just in different ways.

Yes, calorie deficit = weight loss.

Adequate protein = less hunger, more energy, less carb crash cycle

Fiber = Reduced hunger, reduced bloating, happy insides (often really makes exercise like yoga and running better too).

And of course there's vitamins and minerals too. They make your body work optimally!

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    For me, yes! Every and any day. For a balanced meal plan and for not having any cravings. As long as my daily calories eaten fit within the calculation done by MFP. CICO.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    while a calorie is what matters for weight loss, macros matter in that (one, overall health) and two - 1400 calories of potato chips or bread is not going to satiate me for an entire day.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    How do you eat slim to no protein without trying to do that? Are you avoiding lots of foods? If so, why? Even if you are vegan it should not be difficult to get in a reasonable amount of fat and protein unless you are just living on fruit (and if so, stop, that's not a healthy diet even though fruit is good to include in a diet).

So unless you are exaggerating a lot, the macro breakdown you mention is unhealthy, so apart from weight loss I'd change that, and get a reasonable amount of protein and fat in your diet.

Weightloss is about calories, but health is important and usually makes it easier too.
  • DL338619
    DL338619 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Macros are an integral facet of weight loss and body composition. When focusing on macros calories fall into place and it’s more sustainable.

Fact....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    DL338619 wrote: »
    Macros are an integral facet of weight loss and body composition. When focusing on macros calories fall into place and it’s more sustainable.

Fact....

Nope. It’s entirely possible to overconsume calories and negate any deficit if a person isn’t satiated by certain foods/macro percentages. It’s not a slam dunk by any means to only focus on macros.

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Sooo...if we take you at face value it might be a plan to open your diary so we can have a look at what you are eating and give you some tips on how to up your protein.

You’ve said you’re eating foods you like and if we can see what sorts of things you prefer we can probably come up with ideas to help.