Hiking in the Alps

Just got back from hiking in France,Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria. It was not a difficult trip but really wanted to show my husband the area as an overview. Just glad I didn’t gain weight as the portions of food are now American size- it didn’t used to be that way. Anyway here are some pics. The snowy summit is Mt. Blanc, then glacier hike in Zermatt. I’ve pointed out the rebuilt Hornli Hut where you can start to the summit of the Matterhorn. I’ve hiked to the old hut but I didn’t have time to go to the new one (150+ beds). The view between St Moritz and Pontresina, and our 3000 ft up/down to the Reimannhaus Hut.5nt9kqur6zlf.jpeg
trttpi66tcr9.jpeg
5z4a9ar2mb3n.jpeg
6vwow69cb61n.jpeg
jdizuiigc3bk.jpeg
hnkrj8s9qnh7.jpeg

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Fantastic! I have done a few of the mountains you mentioned.
    Looks great.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Wow beautiful. What a fun trip
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Looks like a gorgeous trip! Thank you for sharing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Love Switzerland 💖
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Awesome! 🙂
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Just got back from hiking in France,Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria. It was not a difficult trip but really wanted to show my husband the area as an overview. Just glad I didn’t gain weight as the portions of food are now American size- it didn’t used to be that way. Anyway here are some pics. The snowy summit is Mt. Blanc, then glacier hike in Zermatt. I’ve pointed out the rebuilt Hornli Hut where you can start to the summit of the Matterhorn. I’ve hiked to the old hut but I didn’t have time to go to the new one (150+ beds). The view between St Moritz and Pontresina, and our 3000 ft up/down to the Reimannhaus Hut.5nt9kqur6zlf.jpeg
    trttpi66tcr9.jpeg
    5z4a9ar2mb3n.jpeg
    6vwow69cb61n.jpeg
    jdizuiigc3bk.jpeg
    hnkrj8s9qnh7.jpeg

Beautiful!! Currently on vacay in Italy, was in Switzerland a few weeks ago.. loved Zermatt and St. Moritz.. amongst so many other places. We did a winter alps tour ....