whats my 2 friends secret?

Options
hey guys i have a small question plz

i have 2 friends with 312 pounds and lost all there weights during 6 months with extreme dieting compared to there weight (1800 calories per week ) .

they didnt care for the BMR limit or any other guidelines and also they continued to maintain there new weight for over a year almost.

i cant deny im jealous of them but im amazed how come they lost weight and maintained it without caring about the BMR ..arent they supposed to stall or plateu or something?

all i know is that they have a cheat day....can 1 cheat day ( or maintenance day) per week prevent a metabolic stall?

thx alot for reading

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    312 pounds is a lot of weight. VLCD work for people with that kind of weight to lose. It may be too personal of a question, but is it possible that one or both had bariatric surgery? I've seen people lose incredible amounts of weight and keep it off if their stomach has been partially or totally removed, and I know others who have the lap band and have lost a great deal of weight that way. Gastric bypass is highly effective as not only are patients able to lose weight rapidly, the removal of the stomach almost eliminates the body's ability to produce gehrlin, the hormone responsible for creating hunger pains.

Does this sound like it could be part of their success?
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    312 pounds is a lot of weight. VLCD work for people with that kind of weight to lose. It may be too personal of a question, but is it possible that one or both had bariatric surgery? I've seen people lose incredible amounts of weight and keep it off if their stomach has been partially or totally removed, and I know others who have the lap band and have lost a great deal of weight that way. Gastric bypass is highly effective as not only are patients able to lose weight rapidly, the removal of the stomach almost eliminates the body's ability to produce gehrlin, the hormone responsible for creating hunger pains.

Does this sound like it could be part of their success?

hi thx alot for ur time

nope they did nothing i can assure u that...thats what made me post question here...all i know is that they attended a dietitian doctor's meetings weekly and he planned there food diaries weekly and told them to have a cheat day per week....and he also told them they will lose alot of weight weekly .

im really confused :(
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    300 calories a day? Have fun getting heaart repair or bypass later. When th ebody does not get enough calories it uses fat and lean muscle for fuel. Guess what the heart is?? A muscle. Thi sis why people that get gastric surgery are told to eat alot of protein shakes. Your friends are morons.
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    300 calories a day? Have fun getting heaart repair or bypass later. When th ebody does not get enough calories it uses fat and lean muscle for fuel. Guess what the heart is?? A muscle. Thi sis why people that get gastric surgery are told to eat alot of protein shakes. Your friends are morons.

no ...they ate 1800 calories a day
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Tht makes mores sense, however losing too fast is very hard on the gallbladder.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Tht makes mores sense, however losing too fast is very hard on the gallbladder.
    um....what?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    With that much weight to lose it will be coming off fast.
  • Eirene80
    Eirene80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

no ...they ate 1800 calories a day

That makes a huge difference. You might want to edit your first post. You said "(1800 calories per week )" up there.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What works for someone else......wont necessarily work for you.

And yes your first post is very confusing. Were they 312 pounds each? Together? How much weight did each lose? Were they BOTH eating 1800 cals a day with one cheat meal a week (meal or day?)

Too many variables.
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    1800 /day sounds fair enough to me? What weight did they get to? Heavier you are the more you tend to lose per week