excersise effecting my calories allowed

Options
How do i disable excersises automatically affecting allowed calories? Especially when my fitbit syncs?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Unsync your Fitbit.
    Seriously if you have a fitbit synced then you will get an adjustment for exercise. It's how the app works, you have base calories and then get given more depending on how active you are. That way you are fuelling that activity and still have the original deficit for the chosen rate of loss.
    Some people chose to only eat half their exercise, but I lost 142lb (and kept it off for 2 years) by trusting the numbers Fitbit (and then garmin) combined with mfp gave me
  • Bethany02086
    Bethany02086 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    If you use MFP to set your calorie goal, exercise, but don't eat back any exercise calories, you are not using MFP the way it was designed.

Unlike other sites which use TDEE calculators, MFP uses the NEAT method (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis), and as such this system is designed for exercise calories to be eaten back. However, many consider the burns given by MFP to be inflated for them and only eat a percentage, such as 50%, back. Others, however, are able to lose weight while eating 100% of their exercise calories.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf/p1