Premium Membership?

Is it worth it & if so why? Thanks

Replies

• mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    I like it because I do different calorie goals for different days. More on Fri - Sun, less Mon - Thu. I've also used it fine tune my Macros, but I've loosened up on that. Not sure it's actually worth it, but I keep renewing :)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    I opted for premium for my first year. I wanted to have every tool available to me in order to have the best success.

I love being able to set meal and snack times so I can understand my trending.

NO ADS! I didn't think my initial willpower was strong enough to ignore the force fed ads for fast food.

To be honest, I don't really remember what the free app offers as I went for the premium trial right away. Within that first 30 days, I was thrilled with my progress, so stayed with premium.

I'll probably rethink it when year one is done as my lifestyle changes should be solid by then.
  • I like it, I can customise parts of the app and no adverts. To me its worth it since I use the app every day, usually several times during the day.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    I've never used the premium service. I found the basic/free version gave me all the tool I needed.
  • cjbenson2015
    cjbenson2015 Posts: 2 Member
    I love the premium version but it appears I am being charged monthly and yearly. I cannot find where I seen my charges listed but it was numerous monthly charges of 9.99 and 6 yearly charges of 49.99. I am so frustrated not being able to contact support for clarification. Any direction or help appreciated!!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    @cjbenson2015

As a premium member, you do get almost immediate responses to queries sent to "contact us".

I would suggest you go that route. Good luck!
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    If you are macro-focused, the paid version is awesome. I used the paid versions of LoseIt and MFP for one month - MFP won, hands down for macro tracking.

If you are simply counting calories and logging activity, the free version of MFP is sufficient.