Restarting

I was using this app a few years ago and then stopped. I would like to stay with this app for a long term. Any advice on staying with this app.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited September 2019
    Make some friends and then you'll want to keep coming back :) I've been here since 2012, I really do think having friends on the weight loss journey helped me stay focused - I got to goal and have been in maintenance ever since.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    I used to have this game on my phone with a fish tank, and you had to "feed" the fish every few hours, clean the tank, etc., or they'd die. If you kept them alive, you'd get rewards for more fish that needed to be cared for, and so on. I kept many virtual fish alive for an embarrassingly long time.

This takes way less time than that, and it keeps ME alive.

Just make it part of the things you do during the day.

:lol:

So true.
  • lindseyt71901
    lindseyt71901 Posts: 84 Member
    Your story could be mine. I use it for a period of time, then I just fall away from it. It really does make my life easier because I hold a lot of stress over food. I really am being defiant when I eat just to eat because I allow myself to get overwhelmed. The one thing that I haven't done is try to have friends on here. I see posts that really push having accountabilibuddies and I never did get into that too much. I'm trying again and, this time, I'm searching for some like-minded people that I can connect with. The few people I have had as friends either only want attention and offer none or beg for support but never ask how I am... Instead of letting that happen this time, I am just going to unfriend and try again.

"Trying again" seems to be my mantra. :smile:

You are going to rock it this time and you're going to make it stardom. You wait and see.