Best lifts for glutes??

I have very strong legs.. my legs look like linebacker legs if I lift too heavy. But, I have a very hard time building my butt.. what’s the best way to build glutes without building legs?

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Follow the Strong Curves program.
    Works wonders for me.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Look up Bret Contreras' stuff.

A couple of things worth considering...
    - genetics will matter a lot
    - personal body image will matter a lot
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    I have very strong legs.. my legs look like linebacker legs if I lift too heavy. But, I have a very hard time building my butt.. what’s the best way to build glutes without building legs?

Others have pointed you to some specific exercises. Basically you want to work hard on glute isolation exercises, but not progressively overload the legs.

This gets into perhaps more detail than you would like, but I find it one of the better references for those who gain muscle more easily in the legs.

https://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I added hip thrusts, glute bridges, and split squats/split lunges to my routine.
  • FitAddiction9
    FitAddiction9 Posts: 494 Member
    squats and butt blaster machine is you’re gym has one. For at home workouts standing squats and stay consistent over a 5 days week. You will notice results of doing them right. Minimize the cardio at the same time.