How can you drink so much water!?!?!

Options
I need some advice on drinking water. Sounds easy right? But I see some people are shooting for 150oz a day. How do you not pee every 15-30min?
I am a coffee drinking, ex beer drinker, and love salt. I know my body craves salt due to being dehydrated. I try my best and drink 2 bottles (32oz total) a day and that’s enough. I can’t stand to drink more than that. What’s the best way? Advice please

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    ryanxo77 wrote: »
    I need some advice on drinking water. Sounds easy right? But I see some people are shooting for 150oz a day. How do you not pee every 15-30min?
    I am a coffee drinking, ex beer drinker, and love salt. I know my body craves salt due to being dehydrated. I try my best and drink 2 bottles (32oz total) a day and that’s enough. I can’t stand to drink more than that. What’s the best way? Advice please

When you're dehydrated, your body needs water, not more salt.

I drink between 72 and 80 ounces of water daily. I'm not peeing all the time. Water intake is necessary for flushing out water retention.

ETA: I didn't get my numbers right. I have a headache and somehow the wrong water consumption got typed out. I corrected above. 😳
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Water is my first drink of choice. Have you tried putting fruit in it to add flavour. How much coffee do you drink in a day? Try replacing a cup of coffee with a cup of water. Drink an 8 oz glass of water right when you get up in the morning before consuming anything else. I am sure you wouldn't pee anymore than you would drinking other fluids. Actually coffee goes through me faster than water.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just....drink when I’m thirsty. Which is always 😂.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I typically drink a total of 64 oz of fluids.

I fizz up a liter in my SodaStream, flavor it with a few drops of extract and pour it into a 32 oz lidded double wall tumbler with a straw. I sip on it regularly over the course of the day. When it is gone, I drink whatever I feel like (soda, Mio, water, etc) IF I am thirsty. The rest of my fluids comes from coffee, tea, fruit, soups, or whatever else I eat or drink daily.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Generally thirst is a good idea that you need more water. This may not be true for people who have issues with insulin.

The only time you may not want to wait for your thirst is if you are in a situation where you may be depleting at an excessive rate like being active outside on a very hot day. In those cases go ahead and drink more.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don’t even count my water. Some days I feel like I drink a lot, other days not so much. I don’t really spend much time thinking about it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    ryanxo77 wrote: »

How much coffee are you drinking? Caffeinated or not, you can count that towards your fluid intake.

Some people do have water goals that are needlessly high. However, people with hot, sweaty jobs, do need a lot of water. People who eat a lot of high water foods like fruit need less.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I keep a 62oz bubba mug at work. I basically keep it in front of my face. Sounds odd, but I can type and still have it sitting in front of my keyboard so I'm constantly sipping on it.
    I pee every 30 mins lol
  • Evil_Queen43
    Evil_Queen43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently on 2000ml and it's only 5pm. How do I do it? I put the water in the glass, I put the glass to my lips, I drink the water...
    Yes I pee frequently but how do you think waste products (like fat) leave your body?! Pee and poop...and if you have a good amount of fibre, as you should, then you need the water to help the poop too.
    Cut out the salt, drink the water.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I don't?

I drink probably 24-32 oz of plain water per day. I also drink coffee, tea, diet soda, and sometimes some Crystal Light/Mio. I eat a lot of soup, and some fruits & veggies, all which supply hydration as well.

Why do you think you're dehydrated? Is your urine still dark colored towards the end of the day? Dry mouth? Dizzy?

Completely out of context and irrelevant to the OP but I have NO idea why anyone has disagreed with ur post?!?! You're saying what you consume and asked some relevant questions. Frustrating :neutral:
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I don't?

I drink probably 24-32 oz of plain water per day. I also drink coffee, tea, diet soda, and sometimes some Crystal Light/Mio. I eat a lot of soup, and some fruits & veggies, all which supply hydration as well.

Why do you think you're dehydrated? Is your urine still dark colored towards the end of the day? Dry mouth? Dizzy?

Completely out of context and irrelevant to the OP but I have NO idea why anyone has disagreed with ur post?!?! You're saying what you consume and asked some relevant questions. Frustrating :neutral:

Either my woo-stalkers have acclimated to the new button, or my paranoia that I'm being watched and monitored has been confirmed and I'm lying about how much water I drink :sunglasses:

I knew you drank more than you said.... I'll be watching... 😂
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    On the peeing front, I will say you and your bladder adjust to it if you do decide to drink that much water.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I just like water :(
    I found that always keeping it in front of me while I'm working or watching something helps. I end up mindlessly sipping on it. You can get your water intake other ways such as tea, coffee, soup, fruits.. You can try flavoring you water.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    On the peeing front, I will say you and your bladder adjust to it if you do decide to drink that much water.

I find this to be true. When I first increased my water, I went much more often. After about a week, it was back to normal. I drink less water on the weekends, so Mondays, I make a couple extra trips to the bathroom, by Tue it's back to normal.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 60-120 oz a day depending on thirst levels. I drink a lot of tea as I find it easier to drink than water. On days I drink a lot more than usual I do end up peeing a lot but it just increase my daily step count so I consider it a win.