Bad weigh in, discouraged

So the past two weeks I've been down with a hurt foot. Haven't been able to walk at all until today (Kinda). A few weeks ago I weighed 205.6 and today the scale was between 208 and 209. Not really sure how to feel. Maybe I've gained weight since I haven't been moving much. Or maybe it's because I was standing completely straight because my foot still hurts (we don't have an electric scale, so if you shift, the little arrow moves). Either way, I'm not gonna give up. I'm gonna keep trying. I went from 220 to 2014 and then 206, and just because it went up doesn't mean I'm a failure. I'm gonna keep trying, especially now that I can kinda walk around.

Replies

• MARILYNENA
    MARILYNENA Posts: 53 Member
    I'ts the scale sometimes it's mean! :D
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    I recently had surgery and was in bed rest for 3 weeks, and not allowed to do any vigorous exercise for 3 months. I was very shocked and dismayed to discover I had gained 10 lbs in that period! But, it motivated me even more to get back on track. Gaining weight isn't personal - it just happens sometimes. I'm new here and happy to see so many people helping each other out. You can do it!
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Weight loss is 90% what you put in your mouth. As the saying goes, “you can’t outrun a bad diet”.

Have a review of your logging and use a food scale. You can lose weight without exercise. Also, weight loss comes with ups and downs. You can gain weight from getting your period, eating salty foods, or for no discernible reason at all.

Be patient, but make sure your food intake is accurate and on point.