Newbie getting back to work

Options
Looking to connect with others and keep the motivation and the support going both ways.

If your like me you look back and say where has the time gone. Now 47 years old I have put on more weight than I want (40lbs) so its time to go to work on it. No more eating like I was 20. I love to enjoy food, travel, and a few craft beers but time to make some changes.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • sondraharris5
    sondraharris5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here! I’m 48 and trying to lose some weight. The older I get, the harder it gets.
  • nangomighty
    nangomighty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I turned 40 this year and have changed my lifestyle and eating habits massively. I never felt this good when I was 25! Good luck to you and if you ever need motivation, hit me up as I’m still going 😁
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and its community. Everyone here is supportive and all have great advice.

I am not as young as you and am on day 25 of the next phase of life. I got so tired of the extra 40 pounds. It was the right time for me to reflect and ask myself, what I do I want life to look like in the future. Certainly not on the couch as was starting to happen. Down 9 pounds and a few inches so it is possible!

Congratulations on your decision. Lots of great boards here.