How does your faith and friendships support your goals

Options
avashon
avashon Posts: 3 Member
1. What religious or spiritual beliefs have helped you achieve your weight loss goals, and/or stay motivated to work towards your goal?
2. Who in your life is your strongest and/or wisest support person?

1. I found that listening to or reading my devotion or scripture while exercising can help me shift focus away from how long I still need to exercise, and makes it seem like the time is going by faster.
2. My husband is my strongest support. My sister and friends who have lost weight are an inspiration. I want to make sure to do it right, with wisdom. My hubby is a wise support. Also, long time bestie is a wise support. She is a nurse and we talk about not going overboard into becoming obsessed with weight loss, and how to juggle family and work and make time for working towards weight loss goals.

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    My religious upbringing made me feel like my figure was something I had to hide. That my curves were immodest.

My family and friends are happy for my success but are not especially helpful.

Sorry, I suspect you wanted different answers.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I believe in a higher power but not crazy religious. I don't have any friends other than family because I don't trust many people ...when I did have a bunch of friends in my younger years, they were mainly PARTY friends. I'm now alcohol and drug free. My strongest supporter is MYSELF.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in God or a higher power. I don't owe my success to anyone else but myself. I do the work and I earn the benefits.

I don't have just one strong and wise support person. I have many. Everyone from my husband to my BFF @r3d_butt3rfly_ to everyone on my FL and in the gym with me in the am.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    When I wake up in the morning, I do some yoga (maybe workout) and meditate. I journal while having a coffee, do some reading and then I shower. This is my “me” time. It’s precious to me and puts me in the right mindset for a good productive day and keeps me calm for when the kids wake and they start their crazy morning shenanigans.

My fiancé is my biggest support. He’s changed his way of eating not because he needs it but because I need it. I have what I am sure are annoying dietary restrictions for him and he’s never made it known. He goes above and beyond for me. Both personally and professionally. He believes in what I am striving to be, he’s my biggest cheerleader and he’s never told me any goal is too big.

None of my friends are helpful except my two best friends. One is my running buddy. We’ve ran together on and off since we were teenagers, and the other is like a sister. If doesn't matter what I do, she’s there and she supports it. Unless it’s stupid of course.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It doesn't . I have a friend who inspired me to hit gym and whom I'd like to impress.