Afraid to Weigh?

Options
Is anyone ever afraid to weigh yourself?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Nope. I actually look forward to it every morning. It's the start of a new day of being healthier and it keeps me engaged in the process. 😀
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Scale anxiety? Definitely, I've been in periods where I haven't weighed myself in 6 weeks, and was worried about what the scale would say. Usually that feeling of extreme disappointment after seeing a gain lasts for a few hours, then I get back on the horse and decide to lose weight effectively.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    yup. i havent weighed myself in weeks...oh and cant be bothered to do the morning strip, etc. i can see from the changes in my body that i am losing body fat slowly and that is enough for me. I plan to just trust in the process for now, keep to my calories etc
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    Not afraid, but if the scale is being evil and not moving for over a week I start to dread it and weigh less. I've been going up before drops which makes things confusing but as long as I'm trending down I can handle it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    for me, weighing daily is the only way around this.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I just push past it most days (like today). I was "afraid" to weigh this morning because I was sure it was going to be a higher number. I did it anyways and realized that my weight had actually gone down
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. But I do it anyway and just own it! Work with what you have and try not to be anxious about it. The truth shall set you free :smile:
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    no. I just wake up, weigh myself and log it. My weight goes all over the place during a given week. for instance, it was 4 lbs up last Thursday and now back down 4 lbs. no sweat
  • Iamw0ndrw0man
    Iamw0ndrw0man Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you great advice. It is helpful!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Not these days. I weigh every day. BUT I cannot weigh myself in front of anyone. Brings me out in a cold sweat. Memories of being made to go on the scales by my mother. I did once go on the body fat monitor scales at our gym which the trainers supervise and it was awful. I bought some for myself rather than go through that again.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Skipping weigh-ins is a sign I'm getting off track. If I haven't weighed in three or more days, I need to get myself together because it's a steep slope after that.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, but lose or gain, it keeps me motivated to keep going.
    I know there were years where I refused to step on the scale😳, but not knowing just kept me in denial. Avoiding the issue didn’t make it go away. I knew I had a serious problem and finally did something about it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's just data about me'n'gravity, not a measure of my worth as a human being.

Moreover, since I've been weighing daily for years (even before trying to lose weight), I know that day to day changes are almost totally about water weight and digestive contents, not fat. Managing stored body fat is a longer-term proposition, and the bodyweight scale helps only if I have enough datapoints to observe trends over weeks to months.