Super Target...

Options
So for the next week i'm going to be "working" in a location that has a small fridge and no microwave so I have no clue what to do for lunches. There are a few places nearby to eat but I would rather stay away b/c its harder to stay in my calories when I eat out but there is also a Super Target nearby. I know Super Target's have pretty much a whole grocrie section but I can't remember if they have any "ready to eat" type things. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to get to eat at target? I would rather not take food as I am not sure there will be enough room in the fridge b/c it is very small for how many of us there are.

Replies

• Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    In the area where they sell stuff like watermelon already cut up and sold in little containers they have some salads with ham on top and some with out ham. You could just take your own dressing to be safe. Also they sell deli subs but not sure how many calories. Maybe hit it up this weekend before you start to scope things out and make a list with the calories so you can just go in and grab something without wasting your while lunch break.
  • Chris_B
    Chris_B Posts: 15
    Options
    1 idea that I have is cook some chicken, dice and bag it for the fridge. Buy prepackaged salads at target that will last a couple days. Can't eat this every meal but maybe a couple lunches or dinners. Canned tuna. Make a tomato, cucumber salad and take it. I don't know how many people will be sharing the fridge, but what about some yogurt?

Good Luck,
    Chris_B
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're screwed.....I'd quit the job...j/k......I'd take my chances on the small fridge and do sandwiches, yogurt, and salad....Do the people you are working with typically eat as healthy as you...I'm sure you could tempt them into eating out every day for your benefit lol....
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you're going to a true Super Target, you need not worry about having things to eat. They have cut up fruits and veggies usually, sandwiches (get lean meat and pick off the cheese), a deli (marinated veggies, bean salads, maybe chicken that you pull the fried skin off of), some of them have salad choices and non-raw-fish sushi too.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    How about an insulated lunch bag with a cold pack. Then you could bring whatever you wanted and not worry about using up fridge space!