PT sessions

Options
I'm excited. I won a month membership to a local gym, in with it I'm getting 3pt sessions each week.

Joe is going to be my trainer, met with him today. He's set me up some nutrition goals with a focus on macros which is new to me. Also given me a slightly higher calorie level than what my MFP gave me. So I've adjusted all my settings to fit in the plan.

Fingers crossed. Looking forward to trying something new

Replies

• sarahhoward24
    sarahhoward24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck xx im sure you do great
  • roobella
    roobella Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll update on how it goes
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    Your trainer might be well qualified to give dietary advice, but many are not, and we see some ... weird... advice given by trainers. What macro split did he give you?

That said, I always recommend people new to working out see a PT - it's really the best way to learn good form, etc.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Lucky you. Enjoy!
  • roobella
    roobella Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

146g carbs
    65g fats
    125g proteins
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,515 Member
    Options
    I wish everyone could have the PT I have. After a couple several years back, this one is a complete revelation. A good PT will lift you up as they break you down. I wouldn’t even care if she’s no good as a trainer (she’s beyond fantastic). It’s like a revival meet / motivational speaker experience just being around her.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    roobella wrote: »
    146g carbs
    65g fats
    125g proteins

Nothing wrong with that macro split. I would clarify with the trainer as to whether he is using NEAT or TDEE. MFP uses NEAT which doesn't include intentional exercise. You log that and it adds calories. The TDEE method includes exercise in your Total Daily Energy Expenditure. If he has you using TDEE and you log calorie burns from exercise, you will be over your calorie target.