Goal Setup and counting steps

I am set at Lightly Active, 5 workouts per week, 60 min per workout.

If I have a step counter, at the end of the day how many steps should I subtract from my total steps to account for what MFP assumes is automatically included in my MFP formula?

In other words, how many steps of say 10,000 steps for the day would be used by MFP for my daily calorie goals. This would leave me with a total number of steps that I can estimate extra calories burned for the day.

I am trying to get to some kind of formula that I can use.

Thank you!

Replies

• Chelleybean22
    Chelleybean22 Posts: 13 Member
    I set myself at sedentary since I use a fitbit to count my steps, and eat about half of my exercise calories back.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    So you are saying that at sedentary MFP would not use any if your steps? You count 100% of your steps towards calories burned?
  • donjtomasco
    So it sounds like using Sedentary = using all steps to calculate calories burned. I can't find how many steps are used for Lightly Active.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I have seen this touted in regards to steps and activity levels.

Sedentary = less than 5000
    Low activity = 5000-7499
    Somewhat active = 7500-9999
    Active = more than 10000
    Highly active = more than 12500

Hope that helps you out a bit.
  • donjtomasco
    So Lillymoood, does that mean that for example, with my lightly active setting (which let's say is your "somewhat active setting") that I am not going to use any steps for extra calorie's burned until I get over 7,500-9,999 steps taken? I will just call it an even 10,000 steps.

So, MFP has built into my 1# per week loss goal an assumption that I will walk at least 10,000 steps each day?

If you and others agree with that, then it is what it is and I will step my *kitten* off till I can get past that 10,000 step mark.

Thank you!