Cookie monster...more like the Cheese monster

Options
I have a hard time curbing my cheese addiction. I eat cheese in every meal, cheese is taking over my life. It's terrible. I have tried to cut it out cold turkey but that only lasts a few days. I have tried to limit my intake but I catch myself snacking on it throughout the day. I'm at my wits end. Plssssss help🏳🧀😓

Replies

• CassieVoiles
    CassieVoiles Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think we all have one food that’s the hardest to limit.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Cabot 80 calorie snack-pack cheddar cheese, big bag, eat one piece a day, s-l-o-w-l-y LOL, problem solved. Put it between two thin crackers for a nice "cheese sandwich" effect for about 150 calories, it will feel filling and satisfying.

If you wanna lose weight, you gotta exert self-control and discipline. Having a small, managed amount of a crave food can help with that. But then you gotta stop after that one piece.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you logging and counting calories?

Is the cheese putting you over your calories or keeping you from eating enough of something else?

When you try to cut back on cheese, does that make your diet very low in fat?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too. I have it at most meals and sometimes I will just eat it out of the fridge. It can certainly be part of a weight loss diet.

What cheese are you eating? Cheese has different calorie amounts and some cheese is lower calories than others. I find myself eating more mozzarella now, because it tends to be one of the leaner cheese. It is usually between 70-80 calories per ounce vs a Cheddar which is 110-120. That can really add up. I also find that getting deli cheese thinner sliced helps. I've noticed that often I feel like "a slice is a slice" regardless of size when it comes to how much I would eat, so getting it thinner sliced helps save some more calorie.

There are a lot of food related things in my life I could give up easier than cheese. I don't see it as something I would be successful at long term with, so I don't want to build my weight loss around it. So I find ways to incorporate it in my day and my calorie goal.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging? Are you logging every bite you eat?

I am a logging accountability person. Knowing I have to log food and see the calories keeps me in check even around things like M&M Peanuts that I have historically found harder to moderate. Not sure if that would help you or not but it doesn't happen overnight... at least it did not happen for me that way. I am not sure when it took hold for me but it was probably in around 4-6 weeks.