Maintain muscle loose fat

Options
So my question is should I do more cardio to loose the fat and strength training in the same day? Right now I just focus on the arms or legs and then do a little cardio on top of that. I am cutting my calories that was suggested but when it comes to working out not to sure.

Replies

• bodyofartsandmuscle
    Options
    Calorie deficit is all you need to lose fat.
    Cardio for health, strong heart and lungs.
    Strength training for muscle and bone retention.

Doing both cardio and strength in the same day can often mean you are not getting the the greatest benefit of either.
    Alternate days are good, it gives your body time to recover and, I find, easier to fuel.
    A 10-15 min cardio warm up or 30 min LISS/walking is often ok on lifting days. JMHO.

Cheers, h.

Sounds great and thank you!😉
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I do cardio mostly for mental health. (Hiking, cycling, cross country skiing soon.) Strength training to look better and make life easier.

If you're going to do them on the same day, it's a good idea to decide which is more important to you and do that one first. Also, even though "HIIT" is all the rage, you can go at any intensity level you choose, including really easy. You benefit from a mix of intensities, and light cardio doesn't leave you exhausted when you're doing your squats and form is important.