Pregnancy overweight

Hi, I’m currently 35 weeks pregnant ,
I mainly am starting off with tracking what I’m eating , I am not huge on tracking calories atleast not anytime super soon , but when did any of you start losing weight or anything such? Mainly I’m 260 about 5’4 and I gained about 30 plus pound during pregnancy , Ied like to atleast get down to 220 than 180 in due time!! I have no health problems besides low iron cause in pregnancy , that’s it ... advice stories etc please xoxo

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    30lbs gain during pregnancy isn't out of the way. Dieting now at this stage isn't really a good idea - at least consult with your doctor. I'm pretty sure they would tell you to wait until after baby arrives and even then give yourself some time (several weeks) to recover. You'll find a large part of that weight gained will go after baby is born (baby weight/ placenta). I gained 25lbs in pregnancy and only needed to lose 14lbs after having baby.

All the best for your upcoming arrival.

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    I think I gained around 28lbs during pregnancy (I had my baby 10 months ago). I was ravenous most of the time and I ate unhealthy foods such as takeaways (pizzas, Indian food etc). I had some complications and there was no way I could focus on keeping my weight down during pregnancy. Three months after giving birth, that’s when I decided to focus on losing weight. I’m 5”5 and started out at 184lbs. Over 7 months I’ve managed to lose around 44lbs. I just keep within my MFP calorie allowance and I’ve cut out junk food/fried foods/refined sugars etc. I still have another 11 lbs to lose until my goal weight.

All the best to you and your new baby 😊

(Photo of me at 37 weeks - 3 hours later my baby was here)

6ok6liyzda9l.jpeg
    wui6knroba4o.jpeg
    ad0uxrxd45mv.jpeg