Amy one have Keto Grocery lists?

Options
Hi! I'm a 50+ mom of 2 teens all going keto following CompleteKeto Drew Manning. Looking for Lists of Keto Frindly brands, e.g. low carb, low sugar Seaweed Salad :')
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Replies

• SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I don't really make recipes and keep things pretty low key. Meat, eggs and then some dairy, and then before I went almost zero carb I also included a few servings of low carb vegetables and fruit with my meals (steamed broccoli with butter, cauliflower rice, a handful of berries etc).

You can make keto/low carb as simple or as complicated as you want, I know some love to cook and bake and experiment, and then others like me just want easy :)

Keto Connect is a great youtube channel for recipes and product reviews, if you haven't checked them out yet I'd recommend starting there.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Meat, veg, eggs, cheese, nuts, avocado, olive oil (or avocado or coconut oil).
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    This is my list of high fat good food
    - mackeral, sardines, anchovies and salmon
    - brazil nuts, macadamia, walnut, flax and chia, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds
    - avocados
    - coconut manna, coconut cream
    - nut milks, coconut milk
    - hemp oil, mct oil, avocado oil
    - leafy greens, spinach, butter lettuce broccoli, cauliflower
    - low carb protein powder
    - Good Fats protein bars
    - tempeh, tofu
    - chlorella, green food powders
    - olives, bruchettas, vegan pesto almond milk cheeses, coconut cream vegan cheeses.
    - sunflower seed butter and plain tahini once in a while

Im not full keto, i feel better with more protein than the protocol for keto. I eat the same foods as I would on keto. I dont eat meat, dairy, eggs, poultry but use broth and hydrolyzed collagen powders. I also supplement with electrolytes, BHB ketones, glutamine and some others. I use spices and herbs a lot too.
    There are a ton of recipies on google

Just my feelings after decades of athletics, kinesiology, figure competing and working in the heath and fitness industry; everyone is unique. I see more success with women over 35-40 to late 60's on Meditteranian, dairy and poultry free / very minimal meat plan. Little red meat. Lots of fish, bone broths, greens, cruciferous, nuts, etc. Eggs areok for many. Again, this is my observation and feelings. Some type O women andcertain very active woen do well with meat. Men too, but men usually do better low carb.

Getting back to origional post- you can utube " Meditteranian keto" or "Clean keto". Try and amplify monounsatrated fat and healthy fats the most too 💚🥀

• TommiesMom38
    TommiesMom38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Mediterranean keto ty I will look into that it sound amazing
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Following
  • DiscipleOfChrist29
    Options
    Doing Dirty Keto with days of Clean Keto interspersed. Some of the things on my list right now are:

Thickened Cream Full Fat - for coffees and teas
    Cream Cheese
    Frozen Spinach
    Avocados
    Almond Milk
    Frozen Broccoli
    Coconut Oil
    Eggs

I am also eating more protein than the standard keto as I lift weights regularly.
  • Caroline393
    Caroline393 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just started and this was my list:

- Almond flour, coconut four
    - Eggs
    - Heavy whipping cream
    - Stevia
    - Unsalted butter
    - Low carb tortillas
    - Everything bagel seasoning
    - Asparagus
    - Green beans
    - Snap peas
    - Cinnamon
    - Dark chocolate/Lillie’s chocolate
    - Chicken
    - Beef
    - Pre-cooked Bacon
    - Shirataki noodles
    - Halo top ice cream
    - Avocado
    - Zucchini noodles
    - Cheese- sliced, shredded, sticks
    - Beef jerky
    - Cheese whisps
    - Vanilla extract
    - Alfredo sauce
    - Cocoa powder

So far this week I’ve made several salads (using oil and vinegar as dressing), a chicken quesadilla with a low carb tortilla, herbed chicken breast with sautéed green beans, shirataki fettuccine with alfredo sauce, and coconut flour pancakes. I’ve also eaten out a few times at Chipotle (getting a salad with chicken, guacamole, and cheese) or a bunless burger.

Pinterest has been my go-to for recipes and shopping lists, and r/xxketo on reddit is really helpful!