Progress with Healthy Living

In June 2019, I was 198# and my blood work showed troubling results for my kidneys. My Doctor said loose some weight, continue to exercise, and reduce sodium. I’m a 73 years old male.

So I increased my cardio from 3-4 times a week to 6-7 a week. Stop eating all “sweets”, reduced red meat to once a week or less, and following kidney friendly meals from several national organizations. (The salt shaker is my enemy which use to be a close friend).

Btw, I haven’t had a soda of any type in 10 months, which had been another close friend for countless years.

A new week and I’m excited. I’m hoping to crack 180 and remain under that weight on my way to 170-175 range. Maybe another 3 weeks? I’m hoping my kidneys are happy!! Half of my pants have a new home with a local charity. And it’s not looking good for the other half.

New blood work in early November to see if my kidney related indicates have stabilized or even improved.

That’s it for now.

Replies

• saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Good job. Hope you get good results
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Wow! That's fantastic progress! I'm guessing your doc is going to be pleasantly surprised!! Well done :smile:
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    I hope you get great results from your blood work in November. I'm glad you were able to donate your bigger clothes to charity.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!