Adding restaurant meals

jjcsbc
jjcsbc Posts: 1 Member
Hi, Can anyone give me instructions on how to add restaurant meals to MyFitnessPal please? I googled it but the answers I found weren't very good and I still couldn't work it out.!! Would appreciate some help
Thanks
Juliette

Replies

• liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    Do you mean add them to ur diary or add them to the system?:)
  • Spawnkill69
    Spawnkill69 Posts: 17 Member
    Never go. Eat only what you make.
  • Take your food scale with you LOL. Seriously thats the only way.... and that's if you know all the ingredients which is rare. Sometimes I will just guess and overestimate or make sure I eat less the other meals to accommodate the restaurant meal. So many times this happens though.. You go over to someone else's house for dinner... A work lunch.... All. The. Time. You find ways around it but there is no definite way to know how many calories a meal has unless you know all the ingredients.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    jjcsbc wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone give me instructions on how to add restaurant meals to MyFitnessPal please? I googled it but the answers I found weren't very good and I still couldn't work it out.!! Would appreciate some help
    Thanks
    Juliette

If the restaurant has nutrition information online, you can add it to MFP. I've done that with a couple things.

The 2 restaurants I've been to that didn't have nutrition info, I knew that what they were going to serve me was way too much for a single serving, so I took "half" home and weighed it there.

If you know you're going to go out for dinner one week, bank calories leading up to that day. Or on that day do an extra workout of some sort.