A change in mental attitude.

ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
I'm a teacher and it often amuses/amazes me to watch the kids at break times, we open the door and they all run, usually as fast as they can, leading me to ask the question, when does running cease to be our natural pace?
I started MFP in January 2010, I've gone from being obese to a 'normal' weight, from a size uk22 to a 14 from having a low fat diet to eating paleo, from not being able to run for 1 minute to easily completing 10ks, from hating the gym to loving strength and conditioning training.
But, having a reflective morning and thinking about how different my life is now, got me to thinking that actually none of these things are the biggest change in my life, the biggest change is my mental attitude; I got a new mountain bike this week, I'm 33 all I can think about is going out to play on my bike, not because it's a burn but because it's bloody good fun and something I can do with my partner, without whom I don't know if I'd have made the change to my life.
My weightloss journey is not finished I won't be finished until I have a six pack, but my life has changed immeasurably and I do wonder whether running will once again become my natural pace?
So, how has MFP changed your attitude?

Replies

• Wow good for you! My MFP journey (I've lose 3kg's in 30 days) has made me think about the way I speak to my body. I decided to only be positive about how I look and to be grateful that I'm healthy and able bodied. I love losing weight, I have more energy now, I walk differently, I feel more confident already.

So love reading posts by motivated people who are losing weight and loving the changes.
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    How true your reflection on children. I haven't reached my goals yet, I fell off the wagon 9 months ago and haven't got back on and stayed on yet ; what MFP does for me is give me a place to go and read success stories and gives me the encouragement to keep trying until I do succeed . I'm in health care so reading the way that people are perceived by their doctors and reading the things that people have found helpful has also changed the way I talk to my patients. I've always been caring and have been recognized as such by my patients, but now I really take the time to try to figure out why someone isn't taking better care of themself and I try to address that to get them to at least start thinking about it.

This is a really fantsstic thread and I sincerely hope more people will respond.

Congratulations to you and be sure to show off that six pack when you get it!!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    I also feel more confident. Even though no one has noticed the weight I've lost yet, I feel lighter and slimmer.

I feel like I can do it. By it I mean anything I put my mind to! I had almost got to the point where I was thinking it would be fine just to stay fat and do nothing about it. I wasn't sure it was worth all the hard work. Now I want to work for it - but like you it doesn't feel like work, it feels like fun!

And I find I can run (in short bursts) when I play with my dog. :)
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Thanks osewcute, glad you liked the thread, and some great changes too
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!