On week 4 - losing weight fast

hello

i have set up in mfp to lose 1.5 per week
On week 4 of logging only no exercise at this time. Work a desk job
my starting weight was 274
my height is almost 5"7
current weight 265
average calorie per week 1680

im not straving but if im hungry i will have a healthy snack no matter if i have calories or not.

i have lost 9 pounds in three weeks is this too fast? water weight?

tia

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    hello

i have set up in mfp to lose 1.5 per week
    On week 4 of logging only no exercise at this time. Work a desk job
    my starting weight was 274
    my height is almost 5"7
    current weight 265
    average calorie per week 1680

im not straving but if im hungry i will have a healthy snack no matter if i have calories or not.

i have lost 9 pounds in three weeks is this too fast? water weight?

tia

What have you lost in the last 2 weeks? The first week can contain water weight.

I assume you meant your average calories per day is 1680 not per week.

There is not really a "too fast" for a short period of time unless it makes you physically weak. It is over a longer period of time that losing too fast can have health consequences.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    If you have a lot to lose, weight can drop very quickly in the beginning. It will even out soon. It can be a very good incentive.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    When you have a lot to lose, it is pretty common to drop more than 1 or 2 lbs per week. It should slow down once the initial shock wears off. Congrats on the choice to lose, and keep working through the tougher times that are sure to follow. Weight loss isn't constant, and sometimes you may go weeks without noticing any weight change (despite being strict and disciplined). It happens but eventually and inevitably the math behind calorie counting really will prevail.
  • Taytaylynn92
    Taytaylynn92 Posts: 230 Member
    edited September 2019
    I am also losing weight fairly quickly and I don’t have a whole lot to lose. I noticed once I really started trying, pounds just started to fall off. Eventually it will probably slow down.