Gamin Connect to Myfitnesspal

Options
Can someone please help me to automatically download my workouts from Garmin Connect to Myfitnesspal

Replies

• chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Here are some basic instructions. https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=xyerLdidpm6dT4e0lUHAg7

If I recall correctly, it seems I had to go into Garmin connect to allow the connection, and also go into MyFitnessPal settings to allow the connection the other way. Then it takes a while before they actually sync. I could try to help you more later this evening. Maybe someone else can chime in with advice.
  • sandraleez
    sandraleez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chelny,
    Thank you for responding. I logged into Garmin under settings 3rd party apps Myfitnesspal is set up. When I go to Myfitnesspal is where it doesn't connect to Garmin.
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hiya you have to synch with the app and do it from the watch. Did you do that?
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @sandraleez I have both the garmin connect app and the MFP app on my phone. In MFP, if you click on "More" then you can select "Apps & Devices". I have Garmin Connect connected in there. I don't recall how that was accomplished. Do you have Garmin Connect in that section?

I'm not sure what you're referring to, @Clairin . When I sync, I sync my garmin watch to the garmin app. Then it automatically transfers my steps/activity whatever to MFP app. Is that what you mean?
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, you have installed the app on your phone yes? You have to activate bluetooth on your phone, turn it on. Then press the blue tooth symbol on the watch and synch the watch to the app by pairing with the smart phone. Online on the My Fitness Pal website I clicked into the apps and selected Garmin Connect. I have the Garmin app on my phone also. Did you do that? https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity-sync . I hope some of this helps.