Peri and post menopausal women who have done successful bulk and cuts

Options
A bit of background on me. I’m aged 46 and peri menopausal. 5 ft 8.5 currently 138 pounds. I’ve been resistance training for 2 and a half years consistently. I’ve run stronglifts, the bridge, thinner leaner stronger, strong curves and currently running PHUL. During this time I’ve maintained around 140. Protein is 140 g give or take. I don’t stress too much about other macros. So I have basically been trying to recomp.

I’m at the stage now where I’m frustrated with lack of progress. My goal is to look muscular. In fact as muscular as possible. I don’t really. Can’t see much abs and thighs just look fat too me. Upper body on the other hand is quite lean. I’ve always carried most fat on lower body.

I’m thinking to lose 10 pounds and then run a very slow bulk for about a year. My question is to those woman around same age as me who have done this or to those of you who have coached menopausal women: has bulking resulted in a disproportionately high fat gain around the middle?

I realise fat comes on and goes off where it does and you can’t control it. But I read somewhere that middle age women are more likely to store visceral fat when they gain weight. I want to make an informed choice hence asking for some advice here as I think there are a few experienced people who have done this.

I don’t mind bulking by the way. But I will need to control it carefully. Cos love food...
Thanks in advance