seeking advice on exercise and healthy lifestyles

Options
Hi, my name is MrsAmyMcKinley. I am glad to make your acquaintance.
I am a Christian, civil minded, righteous fighter, newlywed woman. Who is seeking advice on exercise and healthy lifestyles?
I find myself getting lost in exercise and losing weight.
I need the advice to help in staying motivated.
What do you all do to stay motivated?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Motivation only gets you started through the first couple weeks, then decipline takes over, hopefully with a bit of a routine.

My best advice is just start. Don't over think it. Log your food for today. Do it again tomorrow. Go for a walk, step in a gym. Hiring a trainer helped me loads. All the best
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi! 👋🏻 I’m Aracely, MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I like to log in to the community forums it motivates me even more to read positive and supportive comments. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    You've just got to do it and make it your new lifestyle.

Find something you like that keeps you active. Could be dancing, hiking, bocce ball....whatever if you enjoy it you'll want to do it. The healthy lifestyle log everything. It makes you accountable
  • alexandramyers
    alexandramyers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your marriage! I'm sure you and your husband are deep in the throws of honeymoon-dome :) I'm happy to see a fellow Christian on here reaching out for help. I know that it is so important to have the body of Christ come together for encouragement and inspiration. What has helped me is knowing who I am in Christ. I will get down on myself because of losing motivation and discipline, and stating the promises of God and who I AM in Christ is what helps me get over most mental hurdles. The other thing that I do is just to focus on the next step. When I'm feeling unmotivated, instead of thinking 'man, I have to do 30 minutes of exercise today," I'll think "I just have to dress to exercise," then I get dressed and i think, "I just have to do the warm-up." and i'll keep going with these baby steps. Some days, I only get through the warm-up, but that is better than nothing. We are constantly growing to be better than the self we were yesterday. Do not compare yourself to anyone than the you yesterday, and the you that you aspire to be. Blessings, sister!