Need ideas for high protein foods

Options
Hi everyone I'm a very fussy eater but I need to get more protein foods does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Number 1 source-All forms of meat. (Eggs)
    Dairy, beans, legumes, soy and other alternatives.
    Supplement with protein powder/bars when needed
  • MsOpus
    MsOpus Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can use protein powder in a lot of foods you like such as pancakes, muffins, porridge, cookies, cakes, and a favorite snack of mine is protein balls. (Theres tons of easy recipes online)
    Great way to up your protein if you don't like or are getting bored with the usual sources. You don't have to just drink it like a shake.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast will give you some of the best bang for your buck in terms of protein per ounce and as percentage of calories. Most fish and seafood too.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    In what way are you a picky eater? That could describe almost anything.
  • kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake just about every day. Premier Protein is my favorite one...they have 30 grams of protein and tons of great flavors. I also eat egg whites, turkey sausage, chicken, shrimp, cottage cheese, steak, and Greek yogurt for protein sources. By including at least one of those into every meal and snack, I usually get over 100g per day.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Without any information regarding what you will or won't eat, I will say...proteins. Poultry, seafood, meat, deli meat, sausages, etc.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    cod is almost all protein and nothing else. and it's yummy.

also, why did someone disagree with your post? weird.
  • avrumi1234
    avrumi1234 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    You'll have to share what foods you won't eat.

If I mention what foods I do eat it will be easier basically chicken and steak but it's hard to eat the same thing every day
  • danjou72
    danjou72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you can find beans that you like then you'll have an inexpensive option that you can flavor however you want. Try picking up a few cans of un-sauced beans and see what tastes okay. They have a very simple taste when they're served plain, a lot like chicken. I'm a picky eater too and I found that various black bean recipes are a life saver.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    It's hard to beat shrimp in terms of protein per calorie. It's not cheap, though.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Meat, beans, fish, nuts. I'm not sure what you don't like so I can't get specific?
  • hwoltmann
    hwoltmann Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Not as high in protein as meat and fish ... but at least 14 % protein per 100 grams.
    Have you tried quinoa yet? Quinoa can be prepared in many ways.
    100 grams of quinoa contain about 360 kilocalories - as much as the same amount of rice or pasta. The difference, however, lies in the nutritional composition: Quinoa, in contrast to pasta & co., scores with complex carbohydrates, lots of fiber and an extra portion of protein (14 %).