Can’t get to that magical #199

Cindyp22
Cindyp22 Posts: 8 Member
Hi! I just found this group and would love to join this challenge. I haven’t been under 200 since I can remember but I WILL BE someday! Since I’ve gotten serious about getting healthy I’ve lost 9 pounds. Started at 219. Would love encouragement and will return the favor

Replies

• ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Yes, you CAN do it, Cindyp22! Just keep doing what you're doing - head into the wind, eyes on your goal and don't let minor blips along the way discourage or distract you. This is experience talking here, lol. I've been hovering around 200 for far too long and success seems at once close and oh so far away. We've got this!! All the best to you.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    @Cindyp22
    @ksharrell48

This happened to me, too.

Have you re-computed your calorie burn at your lower weight?

What worked for me was walking daily & cutting back on eating out & sugars.

1/1/16 228.3 lbs BMI= 33.7
    Today 155.8 BMI= 23.0

And I’m sure you know this, but losing 5% of your weight delivers significant better health outcomes. This fact kept me going in the beginning !!!

Also someone told me the beginning is always the hardest- so true - for dieting, for new exercise programs, etc.

You will not believe how much better you feel lighter. Really. I had been 228 so long I’d forgotten what it felt like to move with ease, etc.

My Best!
    Please let me know if I can help.

Maddie
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 242 Member
    I was probably in high school last time I was below 200. I am still psyched that i got below 250 last week and and still going down. 25lbs down since the start of summer, and about 8 since school started back up again. My doctor was thrilled when I went in last, because even though I don’t notice any difference with the loss, my risk of diabetes does.

It will be a while yet before i am flirting with the 100’s again, but I’m in a good place and on a good pace.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    I started at 283.2 and just hit 189.9 today. You can do it!!!!