I've started gaining weight! What is this?!

Options
I am eating at a deficit with a bit of cardio and was consistently losing weight. I am an every day weigher...I like to keep track of things! My eating and exercise hasn't changed, but all of a sudden I have started gaining pounds! It makes no sense to me! I haven't been eating enough bloaty food to make me bloat up like a puffer fish and I haven't been eating enough calories to have gained actual fat.

WHAT IS THIS? I am confused!

(Don't say poop. My body has taken care of that. Hahaha).

Replies

• helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Not being able to see your food diary or having no stats about yourself it would be hard to give some advice. How tall, age, weight etc?
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am not keen on sharing that kind of stuff on the forums...but suffice it to say, I am in my late 20s and I eat pretty much the same sort of thing every day. Lots of sandwiches, cereal, fruit, veggies, and yogurt. I have steadily been losing weight since January. I lost a little too much and ate loads to gain some back...gained back a little too much and am working on my last 5lbs of desired loss. But instead of those last 5lbs coming off, I've been gaining...even at a deficit. Very confusing!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am not keen on sharing that kind of stuff on the forums...but suffice it to say, I am in my late 20s and I eat pretty much the same sort of thing every day. Lots of sandwiches, cereal, fruit, veggies, and yogurt. I have steadily been losing weight since January. I lost a little too much and ate loads to gain some back...gained back a little too much and am working on my last 5lbs of desired loss. But instead of those last 5lbs coming off, I've been gaining...even at a deficit. Very confusing!

Without knowing your height, age, weight, calorie amount a day, and seeing your food diary it will be incredibly hard for anyone to help you.

A few lb of weight gain can be due to a ton of different reasons... measuring/weighing issues, scale issues, food choices, not tracking correctly, not having a proper deficit, overestimating calorie burns, monthly hormone changes, etc etc.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    I agree, it's hard to give you ideas to right the ship when you won't give us your current status.
  • TwoThirdsSkinny
    Options

maybe you should change up your diet a little bit , try going raw carb or raw vegan for a week or two , or maybe do IF for 2-3 days a week. That should help :)
  • cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Whats your salt content like? I've been under every day this week, but gained weight, and think I put it down to a meal I made the other day that had a couple of stockpots in, they're quite salty, which makes you retain water = weight gain.