Sports bras

Options
Ladies, what is your favorite high impact sports bra that doesn't give the uni-boob look?

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Wacoal underwire sports bra.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It’s a long time since I bought one (I’ve been breastfeeding and my bra size is all over the place!) but the last one I had was called Shock Absorber and it was very comfortable.
    Disclaimer: I am pretty small in the boob area, so if you’re large you might want advice from someone else!
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I wear a UK size 34G bra; I've been wearing Berlei underwire high impact sports bra. I've also used Elomi sports bras. My Berlei broke this morning :'( but it was about a year old. I just ordered another one.
    ETA: the Berlei gives NO uni-boob effect, fits much more like my everyday bras which, funny enough, are Elomi
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Panache. I've worn them for many years, from when I wore a 40DDD to now in a 32D. I run distances up to the half marathon and my Panache bras are excellent. Nothing moves that's not supposed to move.

I'm currently on the lowest end of the Panache size range, so if you're looking for a smaller cup or band size, they wouldn't work for you. Panache only makes cup sizes D and up.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Depending on size, I definitely suggest Panache. I'm a UK 34G and they are by far my very favorite sports bra (and favorite in general, they are pretty much the only brand I wear). When I first got mine, I jumped up and down in front of the mirror marveling at how everything stayed in place.

If you aren't in their size range, some things I suggest are you look for encapsulation bras rather than the compression style bras you usually see if you are browsing sports bras at Target or whatever. They usually provide more support and don't have the uniboob look. And, they usually have hooks, which are a million times easier to get off when you are tired and sweaty than one you have to try and peel off and get off over your head.
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber for me. Great bra. All secure!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I don't need high impact and want thin fabric for the summer so get these, racer back, lightweight cotton eyelet: https://decentexposures.com/Bras/Original-Un-Bra

I love the way you can customize!
  • DarkNightBrightDays
    Options
    Depending on size, I definitely suggest Panache. I'm a UK 34G and they are by far my very favorite sports bra (and favorite in general, they are pretty much the only brand I wear). When I first got mine, I jumped up and down in front of the mirror marveling at how everything stayed in place.

If you aren't in their size range, some things I suggest are you look for encapsulation bras rather than the compression style bras you usually see if you are browsing sports bras at Target or whatever. They usually provide more support and don't have the uniboob look. And, they usually have hooks, which are a million times easier to get off when you are tired and sweaty than one you have to try and peel off and get off over your head.

Hi!

I am the same size as you, is there a particular style in the Panache range that you find better?

• angelicmisery
    angelicmisery Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for asking this question I've been stuck with uni-bras with no support
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I love my Natori underwire sports bras. High impact, fits like a regular bra, and no uniboob! I can’t seem to get into and out of racer back bras, so this style is perfect for me.
  • onepebble
    onepebble Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I’ve had a number of Berlei sports bras over the past 5 or 6 years and they have been great. They fit me well and give good support.
    For any sports bra I would be prepared to try them on, not just buy online as small differences have a big impact on fit.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wacoal underwire sports bra.

I love this one, especially the strap adjustment mechanism (though I should also point out that according to online reviews the mechanism is also an annoyance for some, I just happen to appreciate it). To tell the truth I wear this as my day-to-day bra as well I love it so much.
  • LotusInTheSky
    LotusInTheSky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love my lululemon 'ENLIGHT" bra. it's not underwire but made out of some high tech fabric - was a bit pricey - but I bought this and a new berlei one at the same time about a year ago. There is nothing wrong with the berlei one but I RARELY put it on because- if I have the choice I ALWAYS choose the lululemon one because its SOO comfortable for me. In saying that I think bras are all about fit. I'm a c-d cup. but worth a try if you have shop near by. :)
  • Bedazzled35
    Bedazzled35 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Another vote for shock absorber here, the only bra I've ever found that keeps my ladies in line during exercise classes 😊
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I hate Victoria's Secret's regular bras, and have never found one I liked, but their high impact sports bras are perfect for me - I run long distance, so I need some support and I want it to be comfortable for the long haul. They actually look attractive under your clothes, too. Very flattering. Zero uni-boob. Zero flattening. Zero pain. My favorite is the Incredible Lightweight Max sports bra. When you can find them on clearance, they are NOT expensive.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Triumph do some good ones.
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love SheFit. Incredibly adjustable which has been a blessing since having a baby and slowly working on getting back to pre-baby weight. The adjust-ability also helps with different levels of exercise, light compression for weight training, then tighten up for intense cardio.
  • ameyer7487
    ameyer7487 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was not expecting so many replies!! Thank you ladies!!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    32F here. I like Panache, Brooks (used to be Moving Comfort) and Anita. Title Nine catalog also has a good selection with ratings on how bombproof they are. If you've never been, I would highly suggest getting a professional fitting to make sure you're wearing the correct size--seriously life-changing.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Hi!

I am the same size as you, is there a particular style in the Panache range that you find better?

This is the exact bra I have https://www.figleaves.com/uk/panache-sports-moulded-underwired-bra/PA-5021.html (I have the cute grey and yellow version). It is a little tight around the band, so if you really hate that, you might want to size up. I like the extra support the underwire offers over the unwired type. However, I think if you were doing something like training for long distance running, the unwired type might be better, I could see the wire starting to rub for something like that. But, it works great for Zumba, aerobics classes, yoga, and kickboxing.

(for daily wear, I love their unlined Envy and Jasmine styles)