Options
tthompst1213
tthompst1213 Posts: 1 Member
What do you make for meal prep?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    I don't meal prep per se, but whenever I make a recipe that freezes well, I will make a triple or quadruple batch and freeze separate portions because the amount of additional work is not incremental. In my household the typical freezer recipes are:

Dutch split pea soup.
    Chicken cacciatore.
    Dak dori tang.
    Beef, lamb or chicken rendang. (Other curries will work too, but rendang is the only one we typically do)
    Coq au vin.
    Lamb shanks braised in red wine.
    Meatballs.
    Lasagna (both classic and vegetable based).
    Bolognaise sauce for spaghetti.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I meal prep breakfast - steel cut oats made with milk, stewed with apples, cinnamon, walnuts, and a few other spices. I make it five days at a time using my instant pot. Five days is about as long as it’s really fresh, and that gives me two days a week to eat bacon and eggs or whatever else I want.

I also meal prep large cuts of meat such as pork loin, and whole grains which take a long time to cook. Not exactly meal prep, but making large batches of soups, chili, or curries, enables us to have them for more than one meal.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    For breakfast every single day almost I have a Jimmy Dean turkey sausage egg white English muffin. All I gotta do is throw it in the microwave (my boyfriend usually does this for me lol).

On Sunday I pre-prep my post workout snack which is always 114 grams lowfat cottage cheese and 30 grams blueberries on top. I also prep my work lunches, which is usually a turkey sandwich on low cal wheat or ancient grain bread, havarti cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo. All ingredients separate. I toast the bread and microwave the meat and cheese at work. I prep my afternoon snacks, too; this week they are baby carrots and hummus.

I cook dinner every night (unless we go out), but try to stick to mostly easy stuff, like:
    -steak, sweet potato, veggie
    -salmon and veggie
    -chicken burger and salad
    -chicken tikka masala with pre-made sauce
    -shrimp scampi Caesar salad
    -stir fry
    -low cal frozen pizza
    -slow cooker chicken taco chili
    (I love a lot of Skinnytaste recipes, tonight is instant pot chicken parmesan!)

I also recently made a big stir fry, big vegan curry, and tomorrow will make a big pot of chili and freeze leftovers for meals for lunch or when I don't want to cook.

I hope I gave you some ideas, though they aren't all meal prepped. The easier the better for me.