I turned down an offer to go out to dinner....

I helped a friend out today and she wanted to treat me to dinner for the help. She has this place she likes to go to that has Wednesday’s two burgers and fries for the price of one. I know I could have gone and just eaten half and been just under my calories for the day, but I wasn’t ready. I want the whole burger and fries which would have been about 1000 calories. Some days I am strong and can skip the dessert being offered and other days it’s safer for me to not go out to dinner!!! That’s my reality at this point of my journey. And that’s okay. I know myself and my strengths and weaknesses.

Replies

• sarasherrill
    sarasherrill Posts: 13 Member
    I have that same struggle. You did the right thing tho!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Great self control, @montyeva1114. o:)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Way to commit! 👍
  • lindseyt71901
    lindseyt71901 Posts: 84 Member
    I can say that I completely understand this mindset. When I know that I'm going to indulge, I take the option away. For example, I am just getting started back on the healthy path and I know that if I have sweets that I enjoy in the house, I. WILL. FIND. THEM. AND. I. WILL. EAT. THEM. I always go through this. The first two months are rife with tons of cravings that I know are my brain's sick idea of a joke. I know it's a joke because most of the things that I crave are things I either never want or rarely want.
    I have some serious respect for you being able to say, "No," to yourself. It's not easy but, in my current mindset, I know I will feel empty happiness if I did take the bait. I think that you sharing your feelings and thoughts during the trying times is helpful and very much what I needed to read right now.

Chocolate pudding cravings..... Today is just me thinking about chilled chocolate pudding...
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    There is a burger place close to me that has wonderful burgers. I will usually stop and get a small can of pringles to have with it. It does come in at a 1000 calories but to me it is worth it. I just cut back earlier in the day to account for it. Life goes on and there will always be a good burger to be worked into your day. I would rather try to figure out how to work it in now than to wait until I am in maintenance.

However we are all different and have our own approaches this "lose weight" thing we are doing. I learned a long time ago that ever so often I need to be able to work in some of the foods that I enjoy and to leave out the things that are just okay.

I do however save doughnuts and ice cream sundaes for special occasions.