Anyone else cutting?

Just coming on here for motivation and conversation.

I'm back to tracking macros to cut down for an upcoming strongman comp, my first comp actually...Goal weight is sub 220 class, I'm currently fluctuating between 232-236 throughout the day.

Over the last few years I went from 205 (fit) to 300 plus (fat and depressed) and then back to about 225-230 by being super disciplined eating and got all my strength back. I am by no means cut, I'm about 23% bf, but I'm pretty fit and stronger than I've ever been.

I Spent the summer partying and drinking beer and just maintaining 235-240ish shooting from the hip calories/protein wise, still traing hard. Good news is all my lifts went up significantly.

Now I'm trying to shift back into disciplined mode and I've gotta say I'm struggling just a bit but if I have to compete in the Heavyweights open class, I'm going to get stomped so the cut is necessary.

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    I’m cutting atm I’m a leanish 223lb
    Plan is to get down to 210-215lb

I train at strength asylum so get to see
    Eddie Hall most days, he’s currently training for the bench press record

Good luck with the cut and upcoming comp
  • That's really cool that you get to see Hall. Of course the first man to ever lift 500 kilos is one of my idols. My next big DL goal is to pull 250kg at half of Eddie's BW when he did the WR...it feels like a such a tiny lift in comparison though.

My biggest downfall on the cut is the night binging and weekend social life of living in a decent sized metropolis. I'm still progressing, I peaked at 243 6 weeks ago, I was 232 this morning...hard to tell how much of that is water weight though.

The nice part is I train hard, I'm fairly big, and I work a physical job so my I can pull a 1000 cal deficit while still consuming around 3000cals. It definitely gives room to hit 200g of protein and adequate fats/carbs and not be insanely strict. Also if I want a night out I can just go to maintenance calories and have room to drink a good amount of light beer.