Home based weight workouts and CV training

Options
bigmike12
bigmike12 Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been using MFP for a while and have lost about 8kg in the last 9 months.

I'm currently about 83kg (from 90-92kg) and dropping, and BF% of 16% (ish), which has been achieved by diet and CV work.

The CV work that i do and enjoy are long runs (>1hr) and cycles (>2hrs), which burn a shed load of calories (>1,000 cals). The problem is that i have feeling as i am currently progressing i am going end up like the guy on the right as below, when in fact i want to be more towards the guy below on the left (though am realistic i won't get to be like that, just don't want to be a bean pole).

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

To avoid being the guy on the right i feel i need to start doing strength weight workouts and up my protein intake, though i don't want to drop the CV work i am doing as really enjoy that side of training, which i think means that i will need to eat plenty of cals to counteract the CV work so that there is enough energy to build muscle.

I have never really done strength weight workouts and need guidance on a program that i can do 3 times a week at home with minimal equipment.

My eventual aim is to have a lower BF%, not looking like a bean pole, and have CV fitness to be able to run and cycle.

Asking too much?

Replies