Raising my goal

Options
scottjoh
scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
The beginning of June, I looked at myself and didn't like what I saw. I was extremely overweight. I made a vow to lose weight. I wanted to lose 51 pounds before my 25th anniversary, the first week of December because we were going to Mexico to celebrate and I didn't want to look like a beached whale on the beach, I thought it was going to be a lofty almost unattainable goal, but in only 2.5 months I have lost 38 pounds and I am going to add another 25 pounds to my goal. So that would be another 38 pounds in 3.5 months. Wish me luck. By the way, my wife has been on this journey with me and has lost over 25 pounds herself.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    It is great that you have made lifestyle changes that support a reduction in weight. I'm not sure what your starting weight was, but 38 pounds in ten weeks is a rather rapid rate of loss. Be careful with it, as very rapid weight loss can have affects on your health, including the development of gallstones and the loss of muscle mass.

Rather than focusing on losing more pounds between now and your anniversary, perhaps you could focus on lowering your body fat percentage while maintaining your current lean body mass. Your local gym can assist you in determining your body fat percentage using calipers.

Congratulations on making changes, but be careful with your health!
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have always been athletic, I just let myself go. Now I go to the gym 5 times a week. I still eat the foods I like, but I don't get carried away. Just getting off the couch has made a huge difference.
  • JorisSt
    Options
    You can also do intensive training, you dont need to go 5 times a week to the gym. But if you already changed lifestyle its better to hold on now :)

If you need some other usefull tips, maybe you can visit my web: weightloss-tips.eu, some of the tips helped me out.

Joris S.
    weightloss-tips.eu
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!