Taking a break?

Options
I've been having a rough time & regardless of my counting, I keep going over my calorie count. I suspect I may have undereaten for a while and so now struggle with overeating. Do I just need to stop counting for a while?
Any advice would be appreciated x

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you targeting a day? How many are you eating? What rate of loss did you select?
  • CaityGracie67
    CaityGracie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Originally 1450 but been trying for 1200 (which is probably getting a bit low). Eating between 1000 to >3000 (as I overeat and don't necessarily track it all). I selected 1 kg a week but will probably chuck it back to 0.5kg. I was a bit impatient setting up haha😅
  • MikePTY
    Options
    Originally 1450 but been trying for 1200 (which is probably getting a bit low). Eating between 1000 to >3000 (as I overeat and don't necessarily track it all). I selected 1 kg a week but will probably chuck it back to 0.5kg. I was a bit impatient setting up haha😅

Yes the issue is that you are trying to eat too little and that is causing binges. Slowing your rate of loss is a good start. Try to see what your goal is when you make that change and then eat to your goal. You may find that the binge cravings go down when you are regularly supplying yourself with an appropriate amount of energy.
  • CaityGracie67
    Options
    That makes sense. What would you recommend then?
  • MikePTY
    Options

How many calories does MFP give you when you change to .5kg per week?
  • CaityGracie67
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »

How many calories does MFP give you when you change to .5kg per week?

• MikePTY
    Options
    You can start with that. Try to eat a full 1480, not 1200. If that proves to be too difficult, slow your rate of loss to .25kg per week. Remember to also eat back any calories you burn from exercise.
  • CaityGracie67
    Options
    T
    MikePTY wrote: »
    You can start with that. Try to eat a full 1480, not 1200. If that proves to be too difficult, slow your rate of loss to .25kg per week. Remember to also eat back any calories you burn from exercise.

Thank you so much! I'll see how I go