Why am I not cutting fat?

Options
I have been doing orange theory workouts for a year and drastically changed my diet to cut out all the junk. I started with twice weekly workouts supplemented with some yoga and walking and in the first 2 months lost about 7 pounds while building some noticeable muscle. I went from a size 10 pant to a size 8. Weight dropped from 169 to 162 and lost 1% body fat. Yay. Now it's 10 months later and I'm stuck at the same weight and body fat. Trainer told me I've plateaued and should increase the workouts so for 7 weeks now I've been doing 4 orange theory workouts (really challenging with the heaviest weights I've ever done and jogging now instead of walking) still supplementing with walking and yoga and I'm stuck at 162 pounds and 28% body fat. I'm eating 100 grams of protein a day and roughly 1400 calories. No bread, crackers, junk food or desserts. I'm eating oatmeal, egg whites, small amounts of fruit, green vegetables, brown rice, sweet potatoes, Greek yogurt. I let myself indulge in 3-4 glasses of wine per week. Please help me figure out why I'm not losing fat. I'm working out so hard and getting really frustrated.

Replies

• amyloohoo67
    amyloohoo67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention I am a 52 year old woman
  • amyloohoo67
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and yes I've had a recent physical and my blood work was outstanding. I log most days, not all, but I eat the same every day and have been logging so long (a year) I pretty much know how much I'm eating. I might have a slice of pizza or a cookie occasionally but mostly I'm sticking to the clean eating.
  • amyloohoo67
    Options
    When I say "roughly" 1400 calories I mean like 1300 one day and 1500 the next. I measure and log everything - altho I might estimate a sweet potato is one cup instead of weighing it to find out it's .75 cup. Do you really think that makes a big difference?
  • amyloohoo67
    Options
    Kimny- thank you! I will give that a try.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,164 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I let myself indulge in 3-4 glasses of wine per week.

Have you calculated how many calories are in the alcohol you drink?

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would try logging everything tight and hitting each macro tight for 2 weeks. If no results after 2 weeks, I would do it for 30 days and see results. After your 30 days, adjust your calorie goal. it sounds like you are eating at maintenance.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    wn6fseh2sy78.jpg
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you're not eating enough calories for the amount of work you're putting in.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Underfueling will ruin you metabolism and stall weight loss. Just my 2 cents.