Calorie advice while on Insanity

Options
Its been a week since I started the Insanity workout. I always complete the workout but since I am new to it I go at a slower pace than Shaun T and the others.

According to my stats (i am 4ft 8in tall and weigh 136lbs), I should be consuming 1600 calories/day to lose weight on the Insanity program.

So far I have been eating about 1300 calories/day hoping to lose weight quicker but im now thinking this is too little? Am I not consuming enough calories to build muscle?

Replies

• blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm on week 3 now (supposed to be on week 4, but we took a vacation and I didn't have access to my DVDs). When I first started I was eating 1200 calories (im 5'8 and weigh 184lbs), and I noticed I wasn't losing much..even my measurements weren't going down like I wanted. I used the mfp calculator and it said I should be eating around 1700 cals a day (i have no idea where I got 1200 in the first place.) Once I upped my calories I started losing quite a bit more.

Another thing..idk if you've read some of the other posts on here about Insanity, but ditch the scale! Instead take your measurements and track your progress that way. In 3 weeks I've only lost about 3lbs, but I've lost a total of 5in so far.

Best of luck to you! And don't worry about keeping up with Shaun T..I still have to go slower than them, even though I've come a long way since I started, there are a few exercises I just can't keep up with (curse those darn power jumps!)