Serendipity Fitness?

This discussion is about sharing those stories when it seems like the Universe is on your side to get fit! Positive turns, good luck, blessings, generosity of others - you name it. If it helped you get back or stay on track? Let’s hear it! Here’s my story: So I’ve lost 10 pounds since April towards my goal of about 30 total but I seem to be stuck in a rut. Time to switch things up, increase intensity, and eat smarter right? I was at a garage sale yesterday and found exactly what I was looking for to help towards that goal - some bigger weight plates to add to my bench that I found a couple of years ago at yet another sale that really helped reboot my fitness journey. $8 each for 44 pounds. Perfect! A bonus! Hand barbells with screw-type, spin ends to make switching weight out that much easier. $3 each. Score! Footnote: I attend literally hundreds of garage sales a year and rarely do I find fitness equipment in decent shape, not broken, or at a price worth buying. So I almost ignored the elliptical that had the sign on it: “Free! Missing charging cord..” until the owner mentioned it as he helped haul the weight plates to my van. Then I took a second look. It was an Eclipse 4100 in pristine condition.
3bn2t8z9x4bu.jpeg

The owner had just moved and joined a gym. I then recalled a super fit 76 year old telling me just the week previous? “Get an elliptical, it’ll kick your butt!” Suddenly I realized this was an incredible opportunity. A quick EBay check found multiple sources for the power supply -for just 10 bucks! I offered the proprietor something for the elliptical? But he refused as we slid it in the van. It fit perfectly. So for less than $40 my answer to what I needed on this journey was dropped in my lap! Those next 20 pounds are now TOAST!!!