Chest workout no fatigue

I keep doing chest workouts but feel no fatigue in my chest and just my arms (flys, press, etc)

Any advice?

Replies

• mreichard
    mreichard Posts: 235 Member
    edited September 2019
    How about if you do close grip bench - do you feel those? If you haven’t tried them, maybe you should. It could be that your elbows are flaring on bench and you are using your shoulder muscles.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    What do your chest days actually look like? Also, if you have a progression scheme that is appropriate for your lifting level, you may not feel fatigued in the workout, especially if failure sets aren't incorporated. Personally, I have pretty good volume, but I am not overly fatigued during my workouts.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2019
    If you're a beginner, it could just be that your arms aren't able to handle what your chest can handle, therefore you are limited on how well you can actually hit your chest. Very similar to peoples deadlift being limited by forearm strength.

Edit: you are still working your chest, just maybe not as efficiently as someone whose nmc and basic strength has been built already.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Individual body part fatigue does not indicate progress weight on the bar indicates progress.

Is your bench press going up?
  • steveyb109
    steveyb109 Posts: 1 Member
    Lower the weight and work on your mind muscle connection for a while. Slow controlled reps and time under tension. No bouncing off the chest.
  • pdmatthews
    pdmatthews Posts: 37 Member
    Agree with lower weight, no bouncing and muscle connection

Additionally you could try benching with your feet up or a very slight decline