Feeling embarrassed!

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    You should never feel like yourca fool you are turning your life around making a change and getting fitter I know it's hard not to take it to heart but you are so much better than them, rise above it and dont give up. You can do it!
  • sophielula24
    sophielula24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go for that mode of transportation...it will only make you stronger and more beautiful. Also think of the lessons that you will be teaching your daughter. She too will want to become that strong and beautiful woman...just like her mom!

It saddens me though...I have been wanting to start riding a bike...however. I have not been on a bike in over 30 years...I am getting old and balance is not the greatest. Plus I live in a city with busy streets...I would probably get myself run over and cause several cars to crash! Who knows though...maybe I will put it on my bucket list.[/quote]

This is the main reason I pushed myself to do it, I don't want to be an unfit mum and I really want my daughter to see her mum being healthy and not as self conscious.

As for the actual act of cycling I hear you! It's been 20 years since I was last on a bike and I'm not the most confident on the road. I'm cycling into Manchester city centre in the UK and the roads are manic at rush hour. Maybe you could pick a quieter route to get started and go early in the morning so it's quieter until you feel confident? I found doing that easier.

All the best with the bucket list!x

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    jewels9140 wrote: »
    Hurting people hurt people...they've obviously been made fun of somewhere down the line. You live once, who cares who thinks what...keep on keepin' on!!

Please remember this when you are lean and fit and smoking. If you see those guys, don’t rub it in too hard! Lol.
  • sophielula24
    sophielula24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jewels9140 wrote: »
    Hurting people hurt people...they've obviously been made fun of somewhere down the line. You live once, who cares who thinks what...keep on keepin' on!!

Please remember this when you are lean and fit and smoking. If you see those guys, don’t rub it in too hard! Lol.

Haha, a girl can dream!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    remember, there are more of us out here that support you than any of these little peon *kitten* haters. You keep going and stand tall! Wear some earbuds and crank the tunes!

Maybe not the best idea while riding. You need to be able to hear motors coming up behind you, etc.

I should have specified, TRAIL RIDING not on the road.
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for getting out there and doing the hard work, even when it's uncomfortable. I know it's easier said than done, but you are working to improve your life. Know that we support you regardless of what some insensitive jerks might say.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    Lots of people are nice....but lots are total jerks! You should be so proud for conquering your fear and doing this! Do not let the jerks take your power! You alone own your power. Next time, don't look at them. Just take a deep breath and give yourself a hug for your effort! You got this!

Agree with the above. Concentrate on the nice in people. And ignore those d-bags! Good on you for getting on that bike! :smile: :smile:

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    No one has to live in our bodies. You will not be deterred. Let them eat your dust. Keep tooling along and don't look back over your shoulder unless they're following waaay too closely for safety.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have had cans, bottles, apple cores - you name it - thrown at me while cycling. Been called every rude name in the book. F**k 'em.....keep doing what you're doin' :smile: